PVC Commercial Roofing System
PVC (Polyvinyl Chloride) commercial roofing is another popular roofing material with several advantages for
commercial and industrial applications. Here are the key advantages of using PVC roofing:
- Durability: PVC roofing is highly durable and resistant to various environmental factors,
such as UV radiation, chemicals, and fire. It can withstand extreme temperatures and weather conditions,
making it suitable for both hot and cold climates.
- Waterproofing: PVC roofing is inherently waterproof, providing an effective barrier against
water infiltration. It is heat-welded at the seams, creating a watertight seal that prevents leaks and
ensures the roof's long-term integrity.
- Chemical Resistance: PVC is highly resistant to chemicals, including acids, alkalis, and
pollutants. This makes it an excellent choice for commercial and industrial buildings where chemical
exposure is a concern.
- Low Maintenance: PVC roofing requires minimal maintenance over its lifespan. Regular
inspections and occasional cleaning are typically sufficient to keep the roof in good condition.
- Energy Efficiency: PVC roofing is available in white or light-colored membranes, which have
reflective properties. This reflectivity helps to reduce heat absorption, leading to lower cooling costs and
improved energy efficiency for the building.
- Flexibility: PVC roofing is flexible and can adapt well to various roof shapes and designs.
It can accommodate complex roof structures without compromising its performance.
- Long Lifespan: When properly installed and maintained, PVC roofing can have a long service
life, often lasting 20 years or more.
- Resistance to Fungi and Bacteria: PVC roofing is resistant to fungi, bacteria, and algae
growth, which can be beneficial in humid or moist climates.
- Lightweight: PVC roofing is relatively lightweight compared to some other roofing
materials, reducing the overall structural load on the building.
- Recyclable: PVC is a recyclable material, making PVC roofing a more sustainable choice
compared to some other roofing options.
- Ease of Repairs: PVC roofing can be installed quickly and efficiently, especially when
using heat-welding techniques. In the event of damage, repairs can also be made easily by heat-welding
patches or sealants.
- Code Compliance: PVC roofing often meets various building codes and standards, ensuring
compliance with local regulations.
- For New Roofs:PVC roofing is commonly used for new construction projects in commercial and
industrial buildings. Its
durability, flexibility, and ease of installation make it an attractive option for architects and
working on new building designs. PVC roofing can be installed over different types of roof decks and can
accommodate complex roof structures, providing a seamless and watertight solution for the building.
- For Reroofing:PVC roofing is also an excellent choice for reroofing or roof replacement
projects. When an existing roof needs
to be replaced, PVC membranes can be installed directly over the old roofing system, saving time and labor
costs. This method is often known as a "roof-over" or "recover" installation.
Additionally, the heat-welding installation technique used for PVC roofing allows for easy and efficient
bonding, ensuring a watertight roof without the need for adhesives or mechanical fasteners. This can be
especially advantageous when reroofing existing buildings, as it minimizes disruptions to building occupants
during the installation process.
Overall, PVC commercial roofing provides a combination of durability, waterproofing, energy efficiency, and ease
of installation that makes it an attractive choice for commercial and industrial buildings.
Command Roofing is your trusted roofing partner, offering dependable and durable commercial and
industrial roofing solutions that go beyond your expectations. Our mission is to provide top-notch
services in a safe work environment that you can rely on for all your roofing needs.